Thursday, August 23, 2007

Close Call...

So, it's a 7pm Wed night beach shoot, heard there's a storm's comin' but I figure I have time to hammer out some great frames (always the optimist).



Wind starts picking up, lighting way over the lake...I still have time.



Getting darker, loosing light, more wind...I still have time?



It starts to pour rain! Camera equipment and water no mixo. Between two bodies, three lenses, porta strobe, rf's and misc stuff I figured (in my head as I was running up to the truck for cover), well over 10,000 in gear getting wet. I thought my clients would get a chance to see a grown man cry.

The good news, we captured some great images and all of the equipment is fine!

The last image is my favorite, and it literally was the last frame.

Funny story, my senior says "I want to put sand on my face and have you take a picture".

I'm a bit skeptical but I'm up for anything. Everyone that was on the beach had cleared out about 15 minutes ago, we're loosing light FAST, I'm shootin' 2.8 at a 30th, around 100mm hand held, not the optimal conditions suffice to say. But we got it!

Just goes to show, we want to hear your ideas!

That being said, if she had suggested getting in a formal dress and laying on a log by the water for some shots...we might have to re-think. I've actually seen it done before and it's not good (although..., shot professionally it might be really nice:).

We custom tailor each session based on our client's needs. They love it and we love it, it's a win win!

Oh, quick note. We list sessions like our studio select and beach at 30 minutes and 1 hour but we usually double that if you have the time (at no extra charge). So plan extra time if you so desire.

We been getting a lot of calls where people think we're booked out months in advance. We do have open time slots, call us and we'll get you scheduled.

Another thing we've been hearing, "it's too good to be true" and "those shots are of the people who spend a lot" both not true. We treat all of our clients the same regardless of what they spend. We don't ask what your budget is, we just shoot each session the way it deserves to be shot, the right way! I must admit, I like the idea of raising our prices to meet the quality of work (I'm not talkin about $95 for an 8x10, that's just ridiculous, this isn't NY) we're keepin the price low as long as we can.

Also, we have a TON of new stuff coming up. Web updates, News, New offerings and products...We will try to post more often (since it's been a month since our last post!!!!).

Rock On,
mb

No comments: