Thursday, August 30, 2007

Praise The Lord!, my car broke down...

I know what you're thinking. Has this guy finally snapped. Were 2-5 sessions a day for the month of August just too much for him?

Nope, I'm just happy to be so blessed.

After a near fatal soaking of my mobile studio gear last week Wed (Praise The Lord everything was ok) I noticed a strange sound coming from the brakes of my truck. Thursday afternoon when I backed out of the driveway I heard a clunk and then a nasty grinding sound. After a quick inspection (and a HUGE chunk of brake pad laying in the driveway) I came to the conclusion that it was time for new brakes. To add insult to injury, while under the truck I also noticed my drive shaft cv boot was torn (like they say, when it rains it pours:).

So how come "Praise The Lord"?

Let me tell you. At first I was thinking "come on, I'm just starting to get ahead and things are looking good" then it hit me, don't be negative, God has given me a gift to fix things myself. So instead of spending over $2000 at the jeep dealer for a new half-shaft, brake pads and rotors I'm spending 2 hours and $156 and appreciating another gift God has given me.

It was a good lesson in staying positive and acknowledging the gifts you've been given.

I am truly blessed.

Another thing I'm thankful for is the township approval for rezoning our "coming soon" Jenison studio. We should have some illustrations of our new studio in a few weeks. I can't wait til it's open for biz. You'll have to experience it to believe it!! We are so excited!!!!

Session in 1 hr., gotta run,
mb

No comments: