Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Oh, What's The Word...

...I'm looking for...Oh yeah, there it is, SNAP!!

Senior + Professional Lighting + Professional Camera + Professional Photographer = Professional Portraits!

I gotta admit, I was gettin a bit burned out creativity wise on seniors lately. Don't get me wrong, still shootin stuff good enough to be in the top 5 in West Michigan but just feelin the pressure of always trying to come up with new stuff. There's something to be said about shooting everyone the same, time after time, riding the wave as they say, but I just refuse to fall into that track. Tonight my creativity got recharged!

So tonight I have a senior session and I just wasn't in the shootin mood (the shootin mood is when I'm about ten times more excited about the session than the senior is, tonight it was about twice as excited...).

So they show up and I'm doin' the intros, talking about what she's looking for, and we start shooting. In the past, connecting with the senior comes pretty easy but I'm always so self conscience (do they like me, am I too wacky, do I smell?)

So we're pounding out frames and I'm just sweatin (literally, we shut the air off cause it's been pretty cool lately, one of the down sides of two studios, can't be in two places at the same time).

So, the whole time I'm just workin it. I'm so self critical, I want every shot to even better than the one before. I knew we got some great images, I just had no idea how many...

So I get back to the J-town studio and start downloading images...WOW! (I never thought my white lightning 300 and a 12" umbrella could do so much).

I had a riot!!! It took a little more work than usual, I just hope Jaime had as much fun as I did. I need to get her as my L rep, she was workin it and it shows!! You too MJ - better pictures, better prices, free stuff...am I tempting you yet?

Here are some examples that don't even come close to representing what we shot tonight!!!



and



and



and



and



and



this one is my original vision for the shot but I was swayed a little and almost didn't post it..



We've been using boarders on images (when appropriate ever since 1998) but lately soooo many other "photographers" have been using them to disguise poor color balanced, improperly exposed and just flat out bad images hoping to make them "artsy" and "sell-able" to their clients...there's a...

I just thought this worked with this image, no hard sales here :)

and



and



and

No comments: